August 26, 2010

Number 56. Grill Something w/o the aid of Brian

I spent the last week of July down the Cape with my mom and aunt and decided it would be the perfect opportunity to put on my big girl pants and grill something all by myself. The 3 of us decided we wanted steak one night so I got the grill fired up. I was actually surprised at how easy grilling is and how well I did on my first try. I only made one minor mistake, I didn't leave the grill cover open so the steaks cooked faster than expected. Not a big deal, they were just a little more done than I would have liked and didn't get the good grill marks on them. So one more thing crossed off and now I can actually grill without Brian!!

4 comments:

  1. I officially no longer serve a purpose... great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cooked my very first burger this summer on the grill and I didn't ruin it! I've also been intimidated by grilling but you're so right, it's not that hard! Great job!

    Brian just consider this a reprieve from cooking for a bit. You can have a beer and watch Jen grill for once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. some thoughts:

    a) we only own a charcoal grill, which is more awesome/complicated than gas.

    b)I'm buying a smoker this weekend (also charcoal) which is even more awesome/harder to use than the charcoal grill.

    complication ftw

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never said I wanted to be a grilling expert, just able to grill. You can still hold the title of grill master in the house.

    ReplyDelete