August 26, 2010

Number 82. Eat at 10 new restaurants

In the past 2 weeks I've eaten at 3 new places. I've been quite the hungry little girl and I do love food! Last Friday, Brian and I went to Rocca in the South End for restaurant week. Tiffani Faison from Season one of Top Chef is the executive chef so I had high hopes going in. It didn't disappoint. The restaurant week menu was actually 4 courses instead of the normal 3. I had squid with pancetta, crostini with reggiano and olives, pork tenderloin and espresso & olive oil affogato. I felt like I was on an episode of Top Chef. Brian loved his meal too, fries with eyes, crostini with ricotta, striper and an ice cream sandwich. Everything was great and I highly recommend it.

Saturday I met up with the always fabulous E1 at Legacy Place in Dedham for a little shopping and lunch. We decided to eat at Aquitaine, they have a restaurant in the South End as well. The service was really slow but we weren't in a hurry so it wasn't a big deal. We both had the same exact meal,
Chilled Tomato “Gazpacho”, Hand Cut Tagliatelle with tomatoes, basil and mozzarella and peaches with whipped cream and pudding. It was excellent and I would definitely go back.

Last night I went to Gaslight in the South End with my mom for restaurant week. Once again, we were not disappointed. We both started with the Chilled White Gazpacho, then the Gnocchi with tomatoes, basil, olives and white sauce and I finished with the Summer Berry Brioche Pudding and my mom had the Maple Caramel Crepes. We both loved our meals and had a very nice dinner.

And tonight on my continuation of being a Fatty McFatty pants, I'm going to Lucca in the North End with Brian and his co workers to celebrate an upcoming wedding. I will have an update tomorrow on it!

3 comments:

  1. I've been to Aquitaine a couple of times and they do an AWESOME brunch. Best Eggs Benedict I've ever had, honestly. I also love love love Gaslight, their steak tartare is like, my favoritest thing. You're loving the South End recently! Can't wait to hear about Lucca. I've only been there once and it was with that guy that talked about collar stays for hours at a time, so I've blocked it from my memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha @ collar stays guy. Was the Morgan Stanley guy?

    ReplyDelete