June 25, 2010

Number 5. Read 25 new books

As I mentioned in my last post, Amy lent me 4 books and I've read one so far. Right before she lent me the books I went on a requesting spree at the library and of course 3 books came in all at once. All of a sudden I had 7 books to read. So I put the ones Amy gave me to the side and dove into the library books so that I could have them back on time. I finished the Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe and absolutely loved it. I read it in 3 days and I lent it to my mom to read too. It's set in the early '90s and flashes back to the late 1600s and early 1700s during the Salem Witch Trials. A woman going to graduate school at Harvard spends the summer cleaning out her grandmothers house in Salem after she passes away. She finds a key with the name Deliverance Dane on it and then discovers there's a book written by her and she has to find it. If I go into too much detail it would give the story away but if you like historical fiction, a little drama and books about New England I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment