June 25, 2010

Number 5. Read 25 new books

I'm rather behind on updating this. I've read 2 more books. Amy lent me 4 books back at the beginning of the month and I read one the very next day. Vinegar Hill by A. Manette Ansay, now I hate to critique a book that someone lent me since they obviously liked it enough to recommend it to someone but I just didn't really like it. It's set in the '70s about a women who lives with her husband, kids and in laws. Her family life is pretty crappy and it's overall a rather depressing book. That's not why I didn't like it, I can take depressing. I just thought the way it was written was a little confusing and I really didn't like the ending, it didn't come to a resolution really which bothers me. Oh well, I guess you can't like them all right?

1 comment:

  1. Haha critique away! I've never read it, I just own it. I bought it for a $1 at a book fair. I just grabbed all the books on my shelf that sounded interesting.

    I take no offense whatsoever. Now, Pillars of the Earth is a different story altogether.

    ReplyDelete